16 Things That Boost Your Immune System
Immunity is the ability to maintain bodily homeostasis (stability), despite the negative impact of foreign invaders. In other words, immunity is the intelligence of our body. Any changes to our body will affect our immunity and vice versa.
Here are 16 factors that enhance immunity and help our body to resist the negative effects of the environment.
- Get to bed before 10 pm and rise before 6 am. Nature itself will give you the opportunity to enjoy good health. See: Healthy sleep.
- Spend at least one hour in the fresh air.
- Make sure your bowel movements are regular. If not, take Triphala. See: Triphala – an Ayurvedic Panacea
- Let the sun shine in your room. Viruses and germs do not withstand sunlight.
- Rub your body with a dry sponge, cloth, or brush before taking shower.
- When taking a shower, start with cool or cold water, then switch to warm and end with cool again.
- Sip comfortably hot water throughout the day. See: Sipping hot water.
- Do pulling of plant oil daily. See: Oil pulling.
- Clean your nose with neti pot. See: Nasal cleansing.
- Be physically active.
- Stay positive.
- Have warm, fresh cooked food.
- Try to adhere to a consistent routine: go to bed, wake up, eat, and exercise at the same time every day.
- Meditate every day, preferably in the early morning or/and before sleep. See: How to meditate.
- Do breathing exercises. See: Kapalabhati; Breath of fire.
- Ask your doctor about immunity boosting supplements such as elderberry; vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, and E; copper; folic acid; zinc; selenium, etc.
TODAY’S TIP: Keeping yourself healthy will also benefit those around you. In helping others, we concentrate less on ourselves and unite our moral strength, becoming physically less vulnerable. Another powerful process is forgiveness: when practiced consciously it neutralizes all ill influences.