Five Things to Get Your Memory Back
1. A five day Kitchary mono diet, using plain Kitchary with some cilantro leaves added, will cleanse the system and help to strengthen memory (see Kitchary recipe).
2. Foods that improve memory include sweet potatoes, tapioca, okra, spinach, fresh fruits and vegetables, almonds, oranges, Ghee (clarified butter), organic (not homogenized) milk.
3. One food that is particularly bad for memory is heavy meat. This should be strictly avoided by anyone with memory issues.
4. Herbs for the brain and memory include Brahmi, Jatamansi, Bhringaraj and Shanka pushpin. You can use these herbs separately, or mixed together in equal proportions to make a tea. Brahmi milk and Brahmi Ghee are also beneficial.
5. Exercise. Daily walking (30 minutes 5 times a week) improves circulation and helps strengthen memory. Yoga postures – especially Shoulder Stand, Plow, Camel, Bow, and Cobra are helpful, as is Savasana (the yogic rest pose) and Sun Salutation sequence.
TODAY’S TIP: Do oil massage. Rubbing Brahmi oil on the soles of the feet and on the scalp will activate memory.