Viruses are all around us but only when immunity is low can they take over and cause warts or another skin growths.
Two factors are crucial in warts appearance: toxicity and poor elimination.
Toxicity comes when our body is not able to get all necessary nutrients from food, regardless of food quality. The improperly metabolized food turns into Ama – a sticky, toxic substance which poisons the blood. Toxic blood can’t nourish tissues properly and is a key factor in skin disease.
Elimination is decisive in skin beauty as well. Not eliminated waste products (urine, feces, mucus, and sweat) create a toxic internal environment – a breeding ground for disease.
To clean the body from inside:
1. Follow your dosha diet and life style.
2. Pearl powder is an excellent internal remedy for cleansing the skin in all doshas. Margarite Acne pills are excellent herbal remedy to treat acne and wards. It contains pearl powder and cleansing herbs.
3. Bitter herbs like Guduchi (botanical name Tinospora cordifolia; English name Amrit). Guduchi is a tridoshic (good for all: Vata, Pitta and Kapha), herb of detoxifying nature. It aids all aspects of a healthy metabolism and is said to be the best herb to clear the tissues (shrotas).
Use 3-10 grams of powder per day with hot water (not recommended during pregnancy).
3. Triphala rids the body of ama and regulates the digestive tract. Take 1/2- 1 teaspoon powdered Triphala with hot water before bed. It is not habit-forming and can be taken for a long period of time.
4. Ghumi amalaki (Phyllanthus niruri) has proven antiviral and antibacterial activities. The herb can be used internally and topically.
1. Apply a few drops of castor oil over the wart every night.
2. Apply cotton soaked in fresh pineapple or lemon juice with a bandage to dissolve warts.
3. Buckthorn bark or Bloodroot root in an ointment form is very effective in treating warts and other skin problems.
4. Nettles. Rub the juice of fresh nettles on a wart for 10-12 days.
5. Sundew juice directly applied to warts and corns stimulates their removal.
6. Combine 1 Tbsp Neem oil with 1/8 tsp Turmeric. Apply every night before bed (Turmeric stains, be careful).
Agni Karma is a specific heating procedure which can be done by a trained Ayurvedic practitioner to remove warts.
TODAY’S TIP: Modern medicine treats skin growths with chemicals, freezing, electricity, and surgery. Since the origin of disease is not rooted out, warts often appear again and again. We need to strengthen the body to force out the virus and the rest happens automatically. One day warts just disappear.